- Banking and Finance
- Investment Fund
- Family Law and Fortune Management
- Private Equity/Venture Capital, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate and Infrastructure
- Securities Capital Markets
- Dispute Resolution
- Intellectual Property
- Special Assets and Bankruptcy Restructuring
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Human Resources and Labor Relations
Banking and Finance
Banking and finance is one of Merits & Tree’s core strengths. Merits & Tree provides general or tailored legal services to international and domestic banks and non-bank financial institutions, and has accumulated extensive experience and a broad client base in the industry. Catering to the characteristics of the industry and the complex legal and regulatory environments to which it applies, Merits & Tree has, through long-term practice, performed systematic research and market segmentation. We analyze and review new business models and financial innovations, in order to ensure our banking and financial institutions team stays connected and familiarized with the market. With its extensive hands-on experience, Merits & Tree has advised banks, trusts, insurance companies, securities brokers, asset managers, financing lease companies (including financing lease companies, pilot Chinese-funded financial leasing companies and foreign-funded financial leasing companies), commercial factoring, financing companies, funds and other financial institutions with regard to many complex financial transactions, and has been a market leader and pioneer in providing legal services to banks and financial institutions.
Scope of Services:
● Bank, trust, asset management, insurance
- Provide general legal services to domestic and international commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions
- Provide legal services to domestic and international commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions with respect to investment and financing, restructuring and mergers and acquisitions
- Provide project based legal services to banks, trusts, securities brokers and their subsidiaries, asset management companies and their subsidiaries, futures brokers and their subsidiaries, insurance companies and other financial institutions with respect to legal due diligence, transactional structure design, drafting and negotiating transactional documents, issuing legal opinions, etc.
- Provide analysis and training on financial regulatory policies and compliance developments to domestic and international commercial banks and non-bank financial institutions
● Asset backed securities (ABS), Reits
- Provide comprehensive legal services for various securitization products (including credit asset securitization, corporate asset securitization, insurance asset securitization, ABN and REITs) and quasi-securitization products (including pre-ABS, quasi-REITs, structured products, property rights trusts, etc.), including legal due diligence, transactional structure design, drafting and negotiating transactional documents, issuing legal opinions, etc.
● Distressed assets and special situations
- Provide comprehensive legal services to commercial banks, non-bank financial institutions and non-financial institutions with respect to disposal of distressed assets, including project selection, legal due diligence, transactional structure design, bidding, restructuring, debt to equity conversion, asset securitization, etc.
- Provide comprehensive legal services with respect to special situations investments in distressed real estate and distressed enterprises, including legal due diligence, restructuring planning, negotiation, drafting restructuring documents, implementing restructuring plans, etc.
● Financing lease and commercial factoring
- Provide comprehensive legal services to financing lease companies and commercial factoring companies with respect to formation and mergers and restructuring, including legal due diligence, transactional structure design, providing financing lease solutions, drafting transactional documents, negotiation and dispute resolution.